If you’re visiting Vail in June, you’re probably the adventurous type. You’re unlikely to be content sitting on a sofa staring at the television while surrounded by Vail’s majestic vistas, abundant greenery, wildflowers, and sunshine. If we’re right, then you may appreciate our compilation of our favorite Vail events taking place throughout the month of June.
Ongoing June Events in Vail
- Thanks to the Vail Valley Foundation, you’ll hear top acts performing live at Gerald Ford Amphitheater at 6:30pm every Tuesday night. Free concerts during June 2021 include performances by such acts as Micheal Franti & Spearhead.
- Yoga in the Park takes place on Sundays at 9:30am in Eagle Town Park. Bring your own yoga mat and water bottle, and enjoy a guided flow. Donations support local businesses.
- SunsetLIVE! is a weekly outdoor music series, which takes place at Avon Performance Pavilion every Sunday evening at 6pm. Bring a picnic or float on a paddleboard while watching the sunset, accompanied by live music from local Eagle County musicians.
- Taking place over several Tuesdays in June and early July, you’ll venture a few miles away from Vail to Eagle for the Whitewater Throwdown. Eagle River Park is the place to watch whitewater races for kayaks, rafts, and SUPs. If you catch any of the freestyle kayaking and surf competitions, you may be inspired to learn!
- Beginning in late June, you can catch the Vail Farmers’ Market & Art Festival every Sunday from 9:30am to 3:30pm. Stop by the market in Vail Village to hear live music, purchase local goods, and get acquainted with local artists.
Eagle Outside Festival
Taking place in early June, the Eagle Outdoor Festival (EOF) has something for everyone. Sample events for the little one include Strider races, the Colorado Squirt Gun Championships, bike-in movies, and a onesie run. Adults will enjoy trying things like bike skills clinics, group bike rides, climbing walls, donut eating contests, axe throwing, and the Color Coffee Pajama Brunch Run.
GoPro Mountain Games
The GoPro Mountain Games festival celebrates adventure sports, art and music during early June. Whether you’re a competitor or a spectator, the adrenaline will be high. Experience the DockDogs events or take a trail run with your pooch. Take a yoga class and watch professional artworks being created in real time while listening to one of many live music acts. Attend the slackline show, test your skill at kayaking or reel casting, and more.
Vail Mountain Bike Race Series
Taking place in mid-June, the VRD (Vail Recreation District) Mountain Bike Race series offers mountain bikers of all ages and experience levels the chance to race; over 1,200 riders can compete for over $30,000 in prizes. Plen to either ride or watch Vail’s oldest mountain bike race.
Vail Arts Festival
For this late June event, the Vail Arts Festival annually invites over 60 talented artists to proudly display their creations in areas such as digital art, drawing, fiber, printmaking, metal works, mixed media, ceramics, and more. Over the three days of the Vail Arts Festival, nearly 15,000 people are planned to attend this spectacular Vail valley experience. There will also be a Creative Kingdom available for children to explore.
Annual Summer Solstice Trail Run
On the longest day of each year, registered trail run participants will cross Beaver Creek Mountain via singletrack trails, eventually heading back downhill to Creekside Park. This annual running event takes runners on either a 5k or a 10k route, complete with stunning alpine views and multiple aid stations on the way.
Vail Craft Beer Classic
Stop by the Vail valley in late June for a weekend of outdoor adventures while sampling hundreds of craft beverages. Buy your tickets for Toast of Vail, Double Trouble, or musical performances by Brothers Keeper and Kory Montgomery Band. As of June 2021, several craft ciders and seltzers have been added to the traditional beer lineup.
Eagle Flight Days
Taking place in late June, this local’s favorite event includes the annual Flight Days 5k run, a pancake breakfast, the Eagle Hometown Parade, a horseshoe tournament, inflatable carnival, and more. “Flight Days” celebrates the 1922 theft of the County Seat from Red Cliff by a group of crafty local Eagle residents.
Annual Avon Dunk-n-Dash Race
Race registrants for the annual Dunk-n-Dash can choose between ½ or 1 full mile swim plus 5k run, or a 2.4 mile swim only in the clear lake water. Experience what’s considered the best open water swimming in hundreds of miles. While this race series continues throughout the summer, only one race occurs during June.
Vail Real Estate
Interested in making Vail home and experiencing these events every June? Explore Vail real estate by contacting us today: 970-476-1987.