If you’re traveling to Vail in July, you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the Gore Range from Vail’s two modern base villages: Vail Village and Lionshead Village. No matter what time of year you visit, you’ll find lovely local shops, high-caliber restaurants, and luxury lodging, but Vail summers offer even more.
During July, for example, Vail offers an abundance of activities and events. July’s temperatures range from 40 degrees at night to upper 70s during the day — the perfect temperatures for riding to the top of the mountain on the gondola, dining outdoors, or visiting Adventure Ridge. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore some of the most scenic hiking trails in the valley.
Here’s a list of events coming up in July for your convenience:
Vail America Days on the 4th of July
Vail Village calls its annual Fourth of July Celebration “Vail America Days.” This day-long 4th of July event features a fireworks show (when not cancelled due to fire bans), a patriotic parade, and more. The celebration always ends with a Bravo! Vail Patriotic Concert at the Ford Amphitheater.
July On-Mountain Dining in Vail
During July, you can take a gondola, wagon, or horse up to Game Creek Restaurant on Vail Mountain or Beano’s Cabin at Beaver Creek. Combine gourmet taste with rustic surroundings and a to-die-for view at 10,000 feet, and you’ll have a memory that lasts for years, if not a lifetime.
Vail Jazz Thursdays & Sundays
The 2021 Annual Vail Jazz Festival takes place from July 8 through September 6, and includes a full eight Thursday evening headliner concerts at Lionshead Village, plus eight free Sunday evening concerts in Vail Village. The series culminates with the annual Vail Jazz Party during Labor Day Weekend.
Vail’s July Jazz concert lineup includes:
- Thursday, July 8: Curtis Stigers
- Sunday, July 11: H2 Big Band
- Thursday, July 15: Chuck Lamb’s Tribute to Dave Brubeck
- Sunday, July 18 (free): Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles with Student Showcase: UNC Jazz Quintet
- Thursday, July 22: Davina and the Vagabonds
- Sunday, July 25 (free): Guitarra Azul with Student Showcase: Azul de Azúcar from Kent Denver School
- Thursday, July 29: Ann Hampton Callaway
Bravo! Vail Classical Music Concert Series
The annual Bravo! Vail Classical Music Series returns in July 2021 with performances by four world-class orchestras: The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic, and The Philadelphia Orchestra. In addition to being performed live, select concerts will be livestreamed.
Vail’s July classical performances include:
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra (June 30 – July 5)
- Chamber Music Series (June 29 – August 4)
- Family Classical Concerts (July 7 – 8)
- The Philadelphia Orchestra (July 9 – 17)
- Linda & Mitch Hart Soiree Series: Al Fresco (July 14, 19, and 26)
- Ongoing Free Community Concerts at the Eagle Vail Pavilion (July 6 – August 1)
- New York Philharmonic (July 21 – 28)
- Immersive Experiences (July 29 – 31)
Moe’s Original BBQ Hot Summer Nights
Every year, the Vail Valley Foundation presents a free summer concert series, taking place on select Tuesday nights. Doors open at 5:30pm and the concerts begin at 6:30.
Vail’s July Tuesday concert lineup includes:
- July 6: Ghost of Paul Revere
- July 20: Pink Talking Fish
On Sunday nights throughout the summer, The Avon Performance Pavilion hosts casual musical performances by local musicians from across Eagle County. You’re welcome to enjoy the music from Nottingham Lake, the North Shore beach or the Pavilion’s South Lawn.
Vail’s July Sunday concert lineup includes:
- July 11: The Evolution
- July 18: Buzz Driver
- July 25: Brent Gordon
Vail Summer Mountain Mike Race Series
For the 38th year, Vail hosts the all-ages VRD Bloch & Chapleau Town Mountain Bike Race Series. Each summer, more than 1,200 mountain bike shredders compete for over $30k in prizes, and each event ends with an afterparty.
Vail’s July mountain bike races include:
- July 7: Lost Lake Loop adults-only race in Vail
- July 21: Berry Creek Bash in Edwards
Dynafit Vail Trail Running Series
These annual trail running races take place on Saturdays and are part of “Colorado’s most iconic trail running series.” The Vail Recreation District’s staff take their mission jobs to create the best trail running races very seriously; routes are well-marked, and provisions are provided.
Vail’s July trail running races include:
- July 3: Dynafit Vail HillClimb presented by Vail’s Mountain Haus in Vail
- July 17: Dynafit 10K@10,000 feet and 5K@10,000 feet races in Vail, Colorado
- July 31: Dynafit Berry Picker race in Vail, Colorado
July’s Vail Dance Festival
For over 30 years, July in Vail has ended by beginning a two-week celebration of dance performance and education. The Vail Dance Festival brings world premieres and exclusive choreographic collaborations to the Vail valley. In 2021, the Vail Dance Festival takes place from July 30 – August 9, and includes opportunities to participate in events such as:
- Dance masterclasses taught by artists in residence and professional company members
- Tiny Dancer Tea Party
- Conversations on Dance
- Dancing in the Streets
- Empowering Boys in Dance
Insider Tips for a July Visit to Vail
If July in Vail sounds like an ideal experience, reach out to our team at Ron Byrne & Associates for insider tips on where to go — and where to stay.